Ah 2017 has been more than just 365 days for me. I’ve learned so many things. Needless to say, I’ve achieved all my 2017 resolutions this year and I’m proud of myself. It has been a journey. Yes, there were hurricane moments and times where I don’t even want to get out of bed. The moments where I would muster enough courage to not cry in public. Well, you know the rest of it as I’ve said it in my previous posts. But this year, I’ve learn something really valuable to me. I’ve come to muster the courage and strength to pull myself back up despite how hard it is. I’ve been abundantly blessed and beyond loved by people. I’ve met amazing people, whom I now call family.
I walked into 2017 having the slight fear of what it may be. I didn’t know whether to actually allow my heart to love again but slowly, I learned how to. It was definitely a different year for me as to compared to the previous years before. I’m truly grateful for it all. Each up and down I’ve experienced and dealt with this year has taught me so much. 2017, you weren’t too bad, I guess.
With that being said, I’m going to walk into 2018 with these 10 resolutions.
- “May the space between where I am and where I want to be inspire me” – Go chase your dreams ion the next 365 days.
- “Like wild flowers, you must allow yourself to grow in places people thought you never would.” – More self growth, love and development.
- “Invest time in yourself. On improving yourself. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone, even if it means being uncomfortable.The road less traveled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps, and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested — and your personal growth realized.” – Katie Couric- Read more, do more art and travel ~ push yourself.
- Look into your own heart, discover what it is that gives you pain… and then refuse, under any circumstance whatsoever, to inflict that pain on anybody else. – Karen Armstrong – Treat people like how you want to be treated and always, always be kind. Keep inspiring people.
- Throw out bad habits – like eating unhealthily and exercise more.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Don’t you dare, not now and not ever, quit. – Keep thriving and striving.
- Before you sleep every night, forgive everyone who has harmed you and pray that everyone you might have harmed unintentionally, forgives you.
- Remember, you got this baby girl.
- Pray, and let god worry – Martin Luther King Jr.
They’re not much but at least these 10 are to me the bare minimum. I’ll figure out more on the way.
Mahalo, 2017. And aloha to 2018.