I’ve been meaning to upload this recipe for a while but I wasn’t that confident with it until I made some friends try it out. I was trying to mind what I’ve been eating lately as I have way too much unhealthy meals. It doesn’t even help that I’m in the munchy mood that I crave for desserts. This drove me and my brain into coming up with the next best thing…avocado brownies. Without further ado, here it is!
AVOCADO BROWNIES RECIPE
- 3/4 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 100 grams of chopped chocolate, melted over a double boiler (I used 80% Lindt chocolate bar for this)
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar (You can substitute this with maple syrup/agave nectar/honey/brown sugar ; totally up to you!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line your tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream the avocado and sugar until light and fluffy with a whisk or a fork.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and mix it into the creamed avocado.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt and add to the avocado mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and pour the batter into the prepared tray.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick/knife comes out nearly clean.
- Let the brownies cool and enjoy!
Done. It was easy and so fun to make as well. Not to forget, it is healthy too! As you can tell, all my recipes don’t take much time to make so feel free to share your feedback after trying this out so I could improve the recipe. I haven’t tried substituting the sugar with agave nectar or honey yet but if you, dear reader, ever do substitute it, do let me know by leaving me a comment at the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy making this AND eating the brownies as much as I love doing so.