I spent my Saturday afternoon baking avocado cookies and totally…creating a recipe. It’s ‘Macros March’ for me and I was desperately craving for desserts. The next best thing my mind decides is why not I make a healthier version of cookies so I don’t feel that bad eating too much. I know they don’t really look the best but hey, Mun Choong approved of it so…ladies and gentlemen, here’s my
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar (you can substitute it with brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 of avocado (mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line your tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream the avocado and sugar until light and fluffy with a whisk or a fork.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and mix it into the creamed avocado.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the avocado mixture.
- Combine well until batter is sticky then using a spoon, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Using a small spoon, scoop the batter and drop it on the parchment paper on the tray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until it is lightly browned.
- Completely cool off the cookies before serving!
Voila! Done. It was easy and so fun to make as well. As you can tell, all my recipes don’t take much time to make so feel free to share your feedback after trying this out so I could improve the recipe. I haven’t tried substituting the sugar with agave nectar or honey yet but if you, dear reader, ever do substitute it, do let me know by leaving me a comment at the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy making this AND eating the cookies as much as I love doing so.