If there’s one fact that you have to know about me is :
I make pretty amazing cheesecakes.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a bake or non-bake cheesecake. Bottom line is that cheesecakes (any flavour) is my forte when it comes to making cakes. Plus, cheesecakes to me are the easiest cake to make in the kitchen.
I’ve tweaked this recipe a little because I don’t usually use gelatin nor do I make a top jello-like layer for my cheesecakes. I’ve also substituted the sugar here to sweeten condensed milk. I was trying something out. If you ever do give this recipe a try, do tag me in your posts or send me comments or you could email me about how it turned out. Let’s begin with this recipe, shall we?
SO HERE’S MY WHITE CHOCOLATE & STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE.
500 grams of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of whipping cream (or heavy cream)
15 graham crackers/Oreos (or digestives biscuits), about 200 grams
5 table spoons of melted butter
1/2 cup of melted white chocolate
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of cod water
20 grams of unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons of unflavoured gelatin
1/2 cup of cold water
250 grams of melted strawberry chocolate compound
300 grams of white granulated sugar
3/4 cup of water
- In a 9-inch springform pan, line it with parchment paper. Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs. Combine the melted butter into crumbs until they’re fully coated. Transfer the crumb mixture into the springform pan and press it down using the back of a soup spoon or your hands to form an even and firm crust.
- Whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. (I use a small blender to do this.)
- In large bowl, place the softened cream cheese and whisk it until it’s fluffy and light. Add in the sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, melted white chocolate, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Make sure to keep the whipped cream light and airy in your mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir the unflavored gelatin with water. Heat the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute or until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Let the mixture cool down before pouring it into the cheesecake mixture.
- Fold the mixture together with the gelatin. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan and even out the top with a flat spatula. Let the cheesecake set overnight or for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- To make the top : In a bowl, mix the gelatin and cold water until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Allow the mixture to bloom.
- In a small saucepan, add in the 3/4 cup of water, sugar over medium heat and stir to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer for 3-4 minutes and then, add in the melted strawberry chocolate compound and the gelatin mixture. Let it simmer for another minute or two.
- Let the mixture rest and cool down for about 10 minutes. Pour the slightly cooled down mixture onto the prepared cheesecake and place it back into the fridge for it to set.
- Serve when ready to enjoy! 🙂
PS : I created the top by accident. The strawberry mixture swirled with a little of the cake hence making it look like it’s marble like. If you want it to have marble mirror glaze, you can check out my mirror marble glaze recipe.